APP is one of the largest employers in the pulp & paper industry. We value and respect our relationship with our employees. This policy has been set up to maintain a good relationship between us and our employees in a mutual effort to elevate our employees’ prosperity and our sustainability.
APP's Employee Welfare Policy includes the following:
- We commit to follow all employment laws and regulation in the country in which we operate. Additionally we also abide by international conventions and standards that have been ratified by those countries such as the International Labor Organization (ILO) Conventions.
- We commit that we only work with the contractors and suppliers that follow their applicable employment laws and regulation.
- We do not tolerate any kind of harassment or discrimination in our employment practices, whether it is based on gender, ethnicity, religion, race or disabilities.
- We respect our employees’ rights to form, join or not to join labor associations as regulated in, amongst others, ILO’s Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize Convention 1948. We commit to maintain good communication with employees, whether directly or indirectly through their labor associations.
- We do neither accept nor condone any form of forced labor in employment practices as regulated in, amongst other, ILO’s Abolition of Forced Labor Convention 1957.
- We fully support and strictly adhere to child labor laws including the applicable law of minimum age which is regulated in, amongst other, ILO’s Minimum Age Convention 1993 and Worst Forms of Child Labor Convention 1999.
- We strive to protect our employees’ health and safety in accordance with the applicable law and regulation.
- We will continue to implement occupational health and safety systems in our facilities, and we strive to achieve international standard through certification programmes such as OHSAS 18000.
- We care for the wellbeing of our employees by providing them with health and medical facilities and services.
- We put employee skills and knowledge improvement as one of our highest priorities, therefore various training and education opportunities are provided to our employees.
- We respect and protect our employees’ human rights and commits to a sustainable operation that balances social, environmental and economic needs.
- We respect our employees’ workplace privacy and personal information and will not use them for other purposes other than employment related matter in accordance with relevant laws and regulation.
- We provide information, education, training and resources to help our employees, contractors and suppliers to support us in our commitment to care for their welfare.
APP reserves the right to amend this employee welfare policy at any time. Nothing in this labor policy expresses or implies that a contract between APP and its employees is a guarantee of continued employment with APP. If you need additional information or clarification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy is to replace APP’s Labor Policy developed in 2009. Last updated: Jakarta, July 2012