• APP will focus on its food packaging product lines, Foopak and Sinar Kraft
• APP’s stand located in Hall 7.1, number B27
• Interpack to see APP launch new research on growth of the European out-of-home packaging market
3 May 2017 – Asia Pulp & Paper Group (APP) will be showcasing a range of food packaging product lines at the Interpack 2017 packaging trade fair in Dusseldorf, 4-10 May 2017. Interpack will also see the launch of new research from APP and SmithersPira on growth across the European out of home (OOH) packaging market.
APP’s stand will be located in Hall 7.1, stand number B27, and will focus on two key product lines for the European food packaging market:
• Foopak: The Foopak range is APP’s premier portfolio of food contact packaging designed to support food and beverage customers operating across the entire spectrum of food and beverage retail. The Foopak Bio Natura Cup, sold in the UK as part of the Delipac brand, is a new 100% bio-degradable and recyclable beverage and food cup. Alongside the cupare a wider range of products spanning greaseproof papers and boards, cupcake and other bakery liners.The entire range is compliant to the highest international standards for health and safety.
• Sinar Kraft: APP’s premier multilayer packaging board range, Sinar Kraft, is a three-ply product consisting of pure bleached hardwood kraft fibres with an inner unbleached kraft fibre layer. The combination of excellent printability through a minimum guaranteed brightness of 83% strength and moisture resistance makes the board ideally suited to high quality dry and frozen food packaging in addition to applications across cosmetics and pharmaceutical packaging. SinarKraft is Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) Certified and is available in 280, 300, 350 and 380 g/m2 directly from APP’s Indah Kiat Serang Mill.
Danilo Benvenuti, Regional SalesHead for Asia Pulp & Paper, said:
“Interpack is a leading trade show for the food packaging industry in Europe, which is why we have chosen to showcase our industry-leading line of food packaging products, and as the venue to launch our latest research into trends in the out-of-home food packaging market.
“Furthermore, with sustainable supply chains continuing to be a hot topic across the industry, we’re excited to be showcasing innovations that offer packaging suppliers sustainable solutions.”
- Ends -
Notes to editors
About Asia Pulp & Paper
Asia Pulp & Paper Group (APP) is a trade name for a group of pulp and paper manufacturing companies in Indonesia and China. APP is responsible for delivering quality products to meet the growing global demand for tissue, packaging and paper. On any given day, our products find their way into the hands of consumers in various branded forms from all over the world.
Started in 1972 with Tjiwi Kimia producing caustic soda, now we run operations across Indonesia and China with an annual combined pulp, paper, packaging product and converting capacity of over 19 million tons per annum. Today, APP markets its products in more than 120 countries across six continents.
Over the years, we have expanded our operations significantly through the acquisition and expansion of several of our pulp and paper mills. It’s our commitment to customer satisfaction that enables us to grow our share in paper sales worldwide and broaden our presence through offices in many countries. We believe ‘tradition and modernity go hand in hand’ which means we value long term relationships as part of our Eastern traditions, while we also are eager to embrace the modern values of innovation and efficiency.
Maintaining the integrity of our supply chain is also crucial to APP’s operations as well as our commitment to our Sustainability Roadmap Vision 2020. Learn more about APP’s path to operational excellence by reading our Sustainability Reports and Forest Conservation Policy at www.asiapulppaper.com.