Our environmental responsibility policies are multi-layered, covering the natural resources, the people, and the climate we rely on. Please read our environmental policy below. In this section you can also learn about sustainable forest management, our biodiversity and conservation programmes and our efforts to manage our greenhouse gas (GHG) and water footprints.
APP ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP POLICY
APP’s business requires the use of various natural resources such as wood fibre, energy, and water. To maintain sustainability in our operations, we are committed to carefully and responsibly manage these resources.
To achieve our goal to operate in the most environmentally responsible way, we will implement the following:
- Our facilities shall meet and exceed the regional and national environmental regulation requirements where we operate and relevant international standards.
- Ensure that our main raw material, wood fibre, is coming from sustainable sources through the implementation of best practices such as Chain of Custody systems, High Conservation Value Forest (HCVF) assessments and protection, and Sustainable Forest Management certification.
- Effective and efficient use of our production material shall be increased through the implementation of Reduce-Reuse-Recycle approach across our operations.
- We will continuously review and implement innovative systems and technology into our operations to reduce the quantity and increase the quality of our effluent and air emissions.
- We are in support of the national and international goals to reduce man-made Greenhouse Gas emissions from our operation. We will regularly monitor our GHG emissions in accordance with the GHG Protocol and implement programmes to reduce our GHG emission.
- As part of our commitment to the UN Global Compact’s CEO Water Mandate programme, we will continuously improve the management of our water use in our operation.
- Implement a robust environmental management system in our facilities in accordance with the international standard such as ISO 14000.
- Provide information, education, training to and monitoring of our employees, contractors and suppliers, to ensure clear understanding of relevant policy and guidelines to achieve our environmental goals
If you need additional information or clarification, please contact us at email@example.com. Developed: Jakarta, July 2012