Melbourne, 26th August 2016 – Parramatta manufacturer Solaris Paper has triumphed at the Coles Supplier Awards, winning the Best Product Launch Award for the development and launch of the ‘So Soft’ toilet paper brand. At a gala dinner in Melbourne last night attended by around 1200 Coles suppliers and team members, Solaris Paper was awarded a winner’s trophy by Coles directors Chris Nicholas and George Dymond.
Solaris Paper has been recognised for producing this much-loved toilet paper brand which is bespoke to Coles and has been highly successful in a competitive market.
The company employs 100 team members at its state-of-the-art 18,000 square meter factory in Greystanes, where it manufactures its Australian distributed toilet paper.
Solaris Chief Executive Terry Hughes said “We are honored to be recognized as a recipient of this award and the ongoing partnership we have with the Coles team.”
Coles Managing Director John Durkan congratulated Solaris. “We’re proud to partner with a supplier who works so hard to deliver the highest quality of products at an affordable price for our customers,” he said.
The Best Product Launch Award was one of seven categories at the Coles Supplier Awards, which were held at the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre. Winners of the other six categories were:
• 9mile Fresh in Gippsland and Yarra Valley won the Community Champion Award in recognition of owner Robert Thompson’s ongoing efforts to distribute apples, volunteer his time and raise money for a host of local charities and organisations.
• Sundrop Farms at Port Augusta, South Australia won the Sustainable and Ethical Excellence Award for its establishment of a state-of-the-art glasshouse which grows tomatoes using solar energy and desalinated seawater.
• Mountain Blue Farms in Lindendale and Tabulam, NSW, won the Product Innovation Award for the development of its pioneering new jumbo blueberry variety, the ‘Eureka’.
• Della Rosa Traditional Fresh Foods in Melbourne won the Rising Star Award for its popular Coles Brand Chilled and Frozen Pizza range.
• Evolve Research and Consulting won the Outstanding Service Award for administering 40,000 ‘Tell Coles’ customer and team member feedback surveys each week across Coles supermarkets, Liquorland, Online and Express.
• The British Sausage Company in Perth won the Supply Chain Excellence Award for its initiativesto deliver fresher sausages to customers by reducing the time it takes to deliver products to stores.
– ENDS –